Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Bulletin Board: Grow in Christ


This is the bulletin board I decided to do in the main foyer for Spring. I got the idea from this great bulletin boarding website that has sample boards (http://www.boardsgalore.com/). Of course, I tweaked it and made it my own, but I have to give credit to her for the main idea, and you can get lots of other ideas there as well! 


I cut my letters out of white cardstock with the Cricut machine using the alphalicious font. The first letter of each word is 10", and the rest of the letters are 9". After putting it together, I think I should have gone a little bit smaller with the letters because I didn't have much room for my sun. 

The sunflowers on the side are the kind you can buy in the fake flower department of any store, like Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby. I used the border as my main support for these (stuffed them into it and stapled the border well), but I also put a couple of supporting stapling directly onto the flowers. However these staples alone would not have held the flowers on without the border's support.


The bag of fertilizer:
 Here is a bag of feed! I uploaded this image into Publisher, inserted a text box to write on it, and then printed it off. The bag says, "Feed on God's Word 2 Tim 2:15". I actually blew this one up to the size of two pages of paper, taped them together, and laminated them (more on how to do all of that here). Click here to get my image with text. (I uploaded it into google documents for you to use.) 

Or click the original image I used below to then save or download the bag I used. Then you will have to crop the image and add text:

The Sign:
 This sign says, "Encourage and support one another. Heb 10:25". Click here to get my sign with text and simply print it off.

Or click this image below, then right click to save or download, crop it after you choose the sign you want to use, and then add the text yourself:


The grapevine:
 I cut strips of brown butcher paper for the rails, crumbled them up, and unfolded them and stapled them in the form of this fence support. The green vines are just fake leaves from the fake flower department of any store. They were light enough to just staple on. I printed and put the words, "Bear Good Fruit. Gal 5:22" on one of the rails. 
Here is the image that I printed, laminated, and cut out for the grapes:


The seed garden:
 I cut out more strips of brown butcher paper. I printed off the words highlighted in brown in MS Word, cut them out, and stapled them on. "Be Good Soil. Mark 4:20" and "Plant Seeds of Truth. 1 Cor 3:6". The seeds are real sunflower seeds that are hot glued on. The green leaves are stickers.


The Sun:
 I found this sun already made in the resource room and just stapled my letters to it ("Let your light shine. Matt 5:16"). The person who made it cut the outer flames out from poster board and then glued a half piece of a ball of yellow Styrofoam to the middle.


The Watering Can:
This says, "Pour out the prayers. James 5:16". Click here to pull up and print my watering can with text, so you can print it off.

Or here is the original picture that I used (Again, just download it, pull it up in something like Publisher, add a textbox to write on it, then print it off and cut it out):


Happy Bulletin Boarding for Spring!! Email me if you want me to just send you my Publisher files that I used (mrs.gilreath@gmail.com)!

8 comments:

  1. love it! So bright, colorful and full of great things ... but shouldn't it be "bear" instead of "bare" ... bare means without clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your bulletin boards! They are really great. Thanks for the ideas and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made my life as a Sunday School Director so much easier - Thanks you so much for sharing, I will be using your design as inspiration for our entrance board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. Can you tell me the size of your bulletin board? Height? Width? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is massive! Maybe 6x10 or something?

      Delete